Zig Ziglar said, “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” Well, that someone includes you. Just because you can’t currently see yourself as a person who is worthy of the kind of healthy, beautiful life all the inspiring memes advertise doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it.
WHY am I here?
There’s a direct line from a strong sense of self-worth to the kind of sobriety that is committed, positive, healthy, and fun. (Not the yucky, desperate, hopeless kind.) I figured it out through lots of trial and error, and I’m here to shine the light of day on it as brightly as I can. Ultimately, my goal is to help you take a flying permanent leap OFF the one step forward / two steps back Cha-Cha roller coaster ride of it all.
WHY are you here?
It’s time to create a fundamental shift in your being. I know that sounds enormous, almost to the point of being unattainable, but I assure you it’s not. Here are some bullet points to help you decide if this blog is right for you:
- You know you occasionally drink too much but you also know you are not physically or chemically dependent on alcohol. In other words, you do not identify nor have you been diagnosed as an alcoholic.
- You’re a Gray Area Drinker. No ultimate rock bottom, but also no ability to consistently take or leave a drink. There’s an emotional charge in there that you can’t get a handle on.
- You want to quit drinking alcohol but haven’t yet figured out how to free yourself from its grip.
- You have found yourself vomiting while the room spins around you way too many times.
- You’re tired of being mad at and/or disappointed in yourself and you know there is something different waiting on the other side of whatever bridge you need to cross.
- You suspect alcohol may be holding you in a pattern of: _________________________ [Insert any negative/self-destructive emotion here. For example: Frustration, Anger, Sadness, Poor Self-Care, Denial, Lack of Ambition, Lack of Self-Respect, Depression, and the list goes on . . .]
- You’ve tried and failed at drinking in moderation more times than you can count and you are likely surrounded by friends who encourage you to just keep trying.
- Those friends are certain you do not have a problem, yet you think maybe you do. (Or you think you definitely do.)
- You’re ready to understand what the hizz-eck is going on deep down inside.
- You need a new approach because so far nothing you’ve tried has worked.
Ultimately, we move forward or we move backward. There’s no middle ground, no plateau, no holding steady. Those are the dangerous myths that keep us stuck. And when we’re stuck in negative patterns, we are essentially moving backward. We’re either living or we’re dying, folks. So, hey, I’ve got an idea. Let’s resolve to live!
If you’re ready, I’m ready. So let’s get started!
P.S. That picture above is from Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland. After close to a month of cycling in the rain every day, I got a chance to visit it on a spectacularly beautiful day!